Federal Government Tentative Agreement – Next Steps
With the face-to-face negotiations completed, the next step is for members to ratify the tentative agreement. Please make note of this important preliminary information:
- The vote will be conducted electronically. Intelivote is the Local’s preferred e-voting service provider. It is an efficient, reliable, secure and very convenient way for members to vote. Voting can be done over the phone or the internet.
- The voting kit with each member’s secure PIN will be mailed by Canada Post to the member’s last known home address. It is vitally important for you to let the Business Office know if you’ve moved.
- Only members in good standing are entitled to vote on the collective agreement. Every EL in the federal government is welcome to join. Applications are available for download here.
- The negotiating team will be fanning out across the country to hold a series of information meetings.
- Notice of the date, time and place of information meetings will be posted on the website. Members are encouraged to visit the website regularly for updates.
- If no meetings are scheduled for your work location, a teleconference with a larger work center can be arranged.
- Work locations with only two or three members have the option of contacting the Business Office to schedule a telephone briefing.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Business Office if you have any questions or concerns.
Business Manager / Financial Secretary