Tentative Agreement Reached with Nav Canada
Your negotiating team is pleased to report that it has reached a tentative agreement with Nav Canada. This agreement follows meetings this week where all outstanding issues were resolved to the satisfaction of both parties. The highlights of the agreement are as follows:
- Economic increases:
3% effective January 1, 2020
3% effective January 1, 2021
3% effective January 1, 2022
3% effective January 1, 2023
- Retroactive payments to January 1, 2020
- Compensatory time off amended to allow ALL employees to accumulate 112.5 hours of time off in lieu of overtime in a vacation year.
- High Cost Urban Centers- NAV CANADA agrees to open discussions through the NCJC Allowances Committee on housing allowances for high cost urban centres.
- Productivity Sharing- Nav Canada and the IBEW agreed to a latter of understanding (LOU) committing to closed period discussions to discuss potential productivity sharing models
- Good Commercial Accommodations- Addition to article 27.06 defining “good commercial accommodations “and a premium payable in instances where they are not available.
- Self Funded Leave- IBEW members will have access to Nav Canada’s self funded leave program.
- End of Career Leave Trial- The trial has been extended to the expiration of the contract and the years of service requirement will be reduced to twenty-five (25) years.
The last week of negotiations centred on refining the wage package. Members are encouraged to contact me or any member of the negotiating team with any questions.
I would like to commend the bargaining team for their leadership and service to the members during a highly stressful time.
The bargaining team fully recommends acceptance of this agreement.
It is now up to the membership to ratify the agreement. More information on the ratification process and ratification meeting dates and locations will follow in the coming days.
Business Manager/Financial Secretary