The NextGen Initiative Contest
The NextGen Initiative is gaining momentum across Canada – but we need your help! In addition to getting engaged and involved in your Local Union, we are looking for your expertise as digital designers, artists, drawers, doodlers and painters to come up with a logo to represent the NextGen Initiative.
We’ve already seen the IBEW Has Talent, with our First District champions singing their way to victory at the 38th International Convention – but can we draw? It’s up to you, Brothers and Sisters, to dazzle and delight with your creativity and come up with a logo that captures what the NextGen Initiative is all about: Re-energizing, Reinvigorating, and Recapturing our members to become actively involved in our IBEW. The NextGen logo design challenge is on!
Contest Details and Rules:
- Contest is open to all IBEW members.
- Contestants must submit a copy of their logo electronically, and can utilize any means necessary to create their masterpiece but the logo must use the word “NextGen”. The logo must also be original and cannot contain copyrighted material or licensed images.
- Entries can be sent via email to email@example.com with subject “NextGen Contest” and entries should include your name, local union and contact information.
- Once all entries are received, they will be posted on the First District website and NextGen Facebook group, to be voted on by all members.
- The deadline for submissions is May 31, 2012. Once the deadline for submissions has passed, no more entries will be accepted and entries will be posted online for voting.
- Voting will end June 15, 2012 with the winner announced in July.
- Members will be able to vote online as many times as they want.
- The winner will receive prizes and recognition by the IBEW, as well the winning logo will be used in collateral materials relating to the NextGen Initiative. No prize will be monetary or financial in nature.
- Contestants agree that the IBEW may publish their logo and name and may use both in future materials. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the logo to the IBEW. The IBEW may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of the NextGen Initiative.
- The IBEW may disqualify any entry based on content and/or production.
- All costs associated with making and submitting a logo are the contestant’s responsibility and the IBEW will not reimburse or be responsible for any costs incurred in the making of an entry.
This is your opportunity to use your talent outside of the workplace and leave your mark on the IBEW’s NextGen Initiative.
Questions should be directed to:
IBEW First District Office