IBEW Photo Contest
The 15th annual (International) IBEW photo contest has begun. So grab your camera and see what develops. We want you to share the images that are all around you (both on and off the job).
In addition to this, Local 2228 would also like your photos to be displayed on the Locals web site. We are asking that you also submit your digital photos to the local (via email) to email@example.com with the subject line “Web Site Photos.” Photos will be displayed on the web site after they have been received and processed.
- The contest is open to active or retired IBEW members only. The person submitting the photo must be the person who took the photograph. Members may enter more than one photo.
- International Officers and staff are not eligible.
- Photos can be submitted as digital files of at least 300 dpi, in color or black and white, on slides or prints. The preferred print size is 8x10.
- All submissions become the property of the IBEW Media Department.
- Photo entries must have an IBEW theme of some sort, with IBEW members at work, engaged in a union-related activity or subjects conveying images of the electrical industry or the union.
- If members are featured in the photo, they should be identified. If large groups are pictured, the name of the group or the purpose of the gathering (e.g. a safety committee, a lineman’s rodeo, a union meeting) can be submitted in place of individual names.
- Photos previously published in IBEW publications or the Web site (www.ibew.org) are not eligible for submission.
- All entries must include a completed contest entry form. Please note that photo entries may be submitted through the IBEW Web site (www.ibew.org).
- If mailing in submissions, please fill out the contest entry form and affix it to each photo you submit for the contest and then mail it to: IBEW Photo Contest, 900 Seventh Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001.
- Fifteen finalists will be selected and posted on www.ibew.org for final judging by the public. The winners will be featured in the January 2013 issue of the Electrical Worker.
Deadline for photo submission is October 31, 2012. For additional details on the contest and to submit photos to the International office (for judging), please follow the appropriate link below:
Digital (web site) Submission: