Negotiating Team Meets July 16-18
Your negotiation team just concluded three days of preparatory meetings where it:
- reviewed the proposals discussed at the National Steering Committee meeting held earlier this year;
- drafted proposals in a format suitable for presentation to the employer;
- reviewed the rank and priority of the various proposals;
- discussed communication strategies to keep the members informed about the progress of negotiations; and
- considered several negotiation tactics and approaches that could be used depending on the employer actions.
The next steps are to meet with the Employer on August 20 when the proposals will be formally exchanged. Members can expect to see both the union’s and the employer’s proposals posted on our website very soon after.
Members with questions are encouraged to contact the Business Office.
Daniel J BouletBusiness Manager / Financial Secretary