Federal Government Tentative Agreement – Next Steps
With the face-to-face negotiations completed, the next step is for members to ratify the tentative agreement. Please make note of this important preliminary information:
- The vote will be conducted electronically. Intelivote is the Local’s preferred e-voting service provider and was last used in August to approve the dispute resolution process with the federal government. It is an efficient, reliable, secure and very convenient way for members to vote. Voting can be done over the phone or the internet.
- The voting kit with each member’s secure PIN will be mailed by Canada Post to the member’s last known home address. It is vitally important for you to let the Business Office know if you’ve moved.
- Only members in good standing are entitled to vote on the collective agreement. Every EL in the federal government is welcome to join. Applications are available for download here.
- The negotiating team will be fanning out across the country to hold a series of information meetings. The goal is to visit all the major centres where ELs are employed.
- Notice of date, time and place of information meetings will be posted on the website. Members are encouraged to visit the website regularly for updates.
- If no meetings are scheduled for your work location, a teleconference with a larger work centre can be arranged.
- Work locations with only two or three members have the option of contacting the Business Office to schedule a telephone briefing.
It has been more than 10 years since federal government members have had a chance to ratify a collective agreement. Your negotiating team wants to reach out to as many members as possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Business Office if you have any questions or concerns.
Daniel J Boulet
Business Manager / Financial Secretary