Local 2228 is affiliated with the following organizations:
- The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) is our parent organization. Their role is to oversee the operations of all local unions.
- The International Federation of Air Traffic Safety Electronics Associations (IFATSEA) is an umbrella group of employee associations responsible for the maintenance of air navigation system world wide.
- The Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) is the voice of labour in Canada and lobbies for labour friendly laws at both the provincial and federal levels.
- The National Joint Council (NJC) of the Public Service of Canada is “the Forum of Choice for co-development, consultation and information sharing between the government as employer and public service bargaining agents.”
- The NAV CANADA Joint Council (NCJC) reviews specific areas of common terms and conditions of employment for all employees represented by the NAV CANADA Bargaining Agents Association (NCBAA) in a manner that promotes effective collaboration.
- The NAV CANADA Bargaining Agents Association (NCBAA) is an association of labour unions representing NAV CANADA’s unionized employees. The NCBAA appoints the two members of NAV CANADA’s board of directors, appoints the union-side members of the NCJC’s committee and provides opportunity for information sharing between the unions.